Hennie is the founder, manager and the sole proprietor of EEU Personnel since 1991. Since 2000 he is also the M.D. of EEU Taltronics. He runs both businesses from the EEU Offices in Edleen, Kempton Park.
His present portfolio can be divided into four parts:
- General management: Managing the day-to-day activities of the business, viz. people management, financial management, and marketing management.
- Recruiting and selection: He assists and supervises the recruitment processes of all EEU’s recruiters. He assists with interviews, technical testing and offer negotiations. He also acts as recruiter for certain clients.
- Contracts management: As owner he has the legal accountability of all contracts that exist between the company and its suppliers, its clients and the contractors for whom EEU labour broke at any given time.
- Academic Tasks: Guest speaker at various academic functions, external study leader for M-students, and author of a multitude of technical publications.
Highest Qualification: D. Tech: Elec Eng (Nov 1998)
Topic: “The improvement of human-machine control of modern fossil-fired power generating plants.”
Study leaders: Dr. Johan Hendrikse (Rhodes), Dr. Marna Cilliers (US), Mr. Nico Marneweck
Examiners: National – Prof. Johan Gouws (RAU, RSA), International – Dr Barry O’Connor (UCC, Ireland)
First recipient of a D. Tech: elec. eng degree at Pretoria Technikon 1998, now TUT.
Recipient of the only D. Tech in Process Instrumentation awarded to date in S.A
M. Dip Tech elec.eng 1989 Pta Technikon Research project and dissertation
NHDT elec.eng 1987 Pta Technikon 6 subjects + 6 months practical
NDT elec.eng 1986 Pta Technikon 18 subjects + 18 months practical
The present Tswane University of Technology (TUT) was formerly known as Pretoria Technikon
Eskom (October 1988 – September 1999)
Rose through the ranks to end up as Eskom’s Station Control Specialist on senior engineer’s level (PPP), doing:
- Developing control-related concepts and philosophies together with the client
- Drafting technical specifications to enable enquiry issue
- Technical adjudication of tenders leading to contract award
- Technical clarification and negotiations to obtain design freeze
- Project management activities associated with head office personnel, including handling and negotiating post-contract award modifications, factory- and site acceptance testing and ultimately reaching take-over
Siemens (January 1987 – September 1988)
Done commissioning of the unit control systems and has been “in charge of function groups.” The automation system employed for this purpose was the Siemens Teleperm M. My task was to commission the loops between the instrumentation on the plant and the control system, and also from the control system to the control room. Once done, the functionality of the software had to be checked against the relevant function diagrams.